On Words, Grammar & Fifty Shades of Grey

I’ve been working on my current WIP. I wrote 2,300 words this weekend which is rapid fire writing for me as I tend to write slowly. I take my time, trying to get each sentence just right, trying to capture the rhythm I hear in my head. Words, you see are the thing.

Speaking of words, this weekend saw the release of movie version of E. L. James’ blockbuster erotic romance novel, Fifty Shades of Grey. Although it topped bestseller lists around the world, the book was widely panned by critics for its poor use of language. But that didn’t stop readers for gobbling up 100 million copies.  I didn’t read the book, just bits and pieces so I won’t comment but will instead share an infographic from the wonderful folks at Grammarly who reviewed the book for spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, and discovered similar mistakes in celebrated romances. 

You can check out the info graphic here.
 
 Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gay Son's Musings About His Dad

The Corporatorium: I Am Prometheus (Episode One)

Who You Calling Bougie?